Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was my Dad's favorite.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- water (plus reserved pineapple juice to make the quantity called for by your cake mix)
- Melt 1/2 stick margarine in a 9 X 9 baking pan.
- Add brown sugar and stir until mixed.
- Place canned pineapple slices over mixture.
- If desired, add maraschino cherry half or a nut in the center of the slice.
- Using the pineapple juice as the liquid, stir up a box of yellow cake mix according to the box directions and pour over all.
- Bake according to box directions or until it looks done and brown.
- Go around the edge with a knife, then place a large platter over the cake and invert so that pineapple slices are on top.
- Scoop out anything left in pan and add to cake. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Love this easy way for PUDC. Easy and quick and delicious. I used 2 9x9 pans instead of 1. It just looked like too much batter for a 9x9 to me. Made for My 3 Chefs.