1/1 Photo of Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Easy Way
Rutecki Family's Note:
This was my Dad's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- water (plus reserved pineapple juice to make the quantity called for by your cake mix)
- 1Melt 1/2 stick margarine in a 9 X 9 baking pan.
- 2Add brown sugar and stir until mixed.
- 3Place canned pineapple slices over mixture.
- 4If desired, add maraschino cherry half or a nut in the center of the slice.
- 5Using the pineapple juice as the liquid, stir up a box of yellow cake mix according to the box directions and pour over all.
- 6Bake according to box directions or until it looks done and brown.
- 7Go around the edge with a knife, then place a large platter over the cake and invert so that pineapple slices are on top.
- 8Scoop out anything left in pan and add to cake. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Easy Way
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 326.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g