Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Pineapple Upside Down Cake Deluxe recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 pineapple rings
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a heavy 10 inch skillet. Evenly spread the brown sugar over the butter and arrange pineapple over the brown sugar butter mixture.
- Center each pineapple ring with a maraschino cherry and arrange pecan halves between the rings.
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored. Beat in sugar gradually, then beat in pineapple juice and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in egg mixture until combined.
- Pour batter over pineapple rings in skillet. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Immediately turn upside down on serving plate.