Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I took this recipe from about 3 different recipes I had around the house.I f you can get some coconut butter, use it to replace the shortening! The coconut flavor in the butter adds to the cake and makes it quite tasty!
- In small sauce pan melt butter, and add brown sugar and 1 tbs pineapple juice.
- Arrange pineapple and pecans in cake pan and pour butter sauce over top.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In larger bowl add shortening, beat with mixer for 30 seconds, add sugar, beat 1 min, add egg, and vanilla, until blended.
- Start adding flour mixture and 3/4 cup pineapple juice to the wet mixture, a little at a time, then spread into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before turning over on plate.