Recipe by Jessi Garcia
I love this recipe because it is low in fat and still tastes great!!!!!!
Top Review by rachelhigh
* Read thru instructions before attempting. * I did not and for whatever reason, my cake was a bomb and thrown into the trash. The instructions don't make sense. Frustrating waste of time & $-- my fault for not reading thru beforehand.
- 6 tablespoons fat-free margarine
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 20 ounces canned pineapple, packed in juice
- 7 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup fat free skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (s)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 305 degresses.
- Drain pineapple and reserve 2 tablespoons of juice; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine and pour into the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Top margarine with brown sugar and, using a fork, swirl together to make an even layer.
- Place 1 pineapple ring in the center of the pan and arrange 6 more rings around it.
- Place cherry halves, cut side up, in the center of each ring and in the spaces between rings; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In a small bow.
- combine milk, 2 tablespoons of margarine and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture in small batches, alternating each and beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix until blended.
- pour batter over pineapple in pan.
- Bake until wooden toothpick near center of cake comes out clean.
- about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes in pan, invert pan onto a serving plate and serve warm or at room temperature.