1/18 Photos of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is by far the best Pineapple Upside Down cake that I've ever made. It is also quick and easy. The cake is very moist and rises much higher than the average recipe. The combination of pineapple cake mix and pineapple juice isn't overwhelming either. I've been meaning to edit this for ages, however it looks so much better if you use dark brown sugar. Also if you'd like more topping, use 3/4 cup butter with 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 566.99 g can sliced pineapple
- 6 maraschino cherries, cut in half lengthwise
- 510.29 g package duncan hines supreme pineapple cake mix
- 113.39 g box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice, from canned pineapple with a bit of water added
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Melt butter in a 9x13 pan in oven.
- 3Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter in pan.
- 4Drain canned pineapple into a measuring cup.
- 5Place pineapple slices evenly in pan, cutting the last two in half to cover pan.
- 6Place the maraschino cherry halves in the center of the pineapple slices, cut side up.
- 7Combine the rest of ingredients in a large mixing bowl on slow speed for 30 seconds.
- 8Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 9Pour batter into pan.
- 10Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Cool 5 minutes and turn cake out onto a serving platter, pineapple side up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pineapple cake mix