Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe that taste great and is not bad for you!!! no butter and no oil! sounds gross but taste great!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) pineapple cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375. Drain pineapple slices saving the juice. Warm 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice in microwave for 1.5 minutes; pour warmed pineapple juice in a 13x9x2 inch pan evenly sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of the pan. arrange pineapple slices in sugar mixture, if desired arrange cherry halves also in sugar mixture.
- in medium mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, applesauce and water. mix well.
- pour batter over fruit.
- bake for 45 - 55 minutes. let stand for 5 minutes than turn upside down on to a cookie sheet or platter.
Very good recipe!! Very moist with good flavor. It was also very easy and quick to make!!