Recipe by Tea Jenny
This is a store cupboard recipe, at least I have everything on the list in mine, so it's a good one in an emergency. Served with some cream on the side, It looks good, every day or for guests.
- 30 g butter
- 30 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 220 g pineapple rings
- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- beat together the 30g of butter, brown sugar and preserve, and spread over the base of an oblong non stick cake tin.
- Arrange the pineapple rings over the base of the tin.
- Beat the 100g of butter with the caster sugar, add the eggs one at a time with 1 tablespoon of flour and beat well.
- sift in the remaining flour and baking powder and fold in well with the milk.
- Spoon over the pineapple and level with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until well risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then loosen around the edge, place a large serving plate over the top and turn out the cake.
- Be very carefull as the syrup will be very hot.