Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the side of the Duncan Hines cake mix box. As I stated earlier, I am not a baker, so I rely on Mr. Hines, Mrs. Crocker and others to help me.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces duncan hines moist deluxe pineapple cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 20 ounces pineapple slices, drained
- red maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan. Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar. Place maraschino cherry halves, cut side up, in center of pineapple slices.
- Prepare cake mix following package directions for Basic Recipe. Pour batter evenly over fruit in pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 43 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate.
- Poke holes into cake, pour drained pineapple juice over cake.
This worked so wonderfully - 5 stars or more. I had to use diced pineapple and left out the cherries but the dessert was so yummy with cream and moist and was a huge success. I will do this again, probably next week !!