Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a Jiffy Mix recipe booklet
- 1 (8 ounce) packagejiffy golden yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (save 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice and water)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in 8 inch square pan and add brown sugar.
- Drain pineapple reserving juice. Sprinkle pineapple over butter and brown sugar.
- Set aside.
- Add enough water to the reserved pineapple juice to measure 1/2 cup.
- Beat cake mix, egg and juice together for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter over top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan 1-2 minutes.
- Invert into serving plate.
- Fruit cocktail may be substituted for the pineapple.