Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste Of Home Cooking for 2.
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and 2 tablespoons butter; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into an ungreased 6-in. round baking pan. Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer in pan; place cherries and pecans in center of pineapple slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Add the egg, milk, reserved pineapple juice and remaining butter; beat just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.