- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 slices pineapple
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Melt butter in glass pie pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter.
- Arrangepineapple slices on top of brown sugar. Arrange marachino charries cut side up.
- Cream together shortening andsugar until light using mixer.
- Add dry ingedients and reserved pineapple juice. Stir until smooth.
- Spread cake batter over pineapple.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 25 minutes. CHEF'S NOTE: I didn't write down baking instructions, so this is a guess!