Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I always use this recipe with Duncan Hines pineapple cake...turns out moist and delicious every time...I use a 13x9 baking pan and reserve juice from pineapple slices..and add enough water to juice to make 1 cup liquid..
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 20 ounces pineapple slices, drain, reserve juice
- 15 maraschino cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 18 1⁄4 ounces pineapple cake mix
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- to prepare TOPPING:.
- melt butter on low heat in 12" cast iron skillet or 13x9" baking pan.
- Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar, spread to cover bottom of skillet or baking pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices, maraschino cherries and pecans in skillet or baking pan.
- Set aside.
- to prepare CAKE:.
- combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet or baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes on cooling rack.run knife around edges and invert onto serving plate.
- Let cool.may serve warm or cool.
- If baking in 13x9 pan, bake for 45-50 minutes.
Can't believe it took me so long to rate this awesome cake - I've made it twice now for birthdays at work - and everyone says it's the BEST Pineapple Upside Down Cake they've ever eaten. Extremely moist and it rises high and is light - great flavor with the pineapple juice - this one's a keeper!!
This is the best pineapple upside down cake I have ever had! My family loved it! I will definitely make this one again & again!
My son used this recipe for one of our Thanksgiving desserts. Very moist, and delicious!