Recipe by Java
This cake is so easy to make and baking it in a cast iron skillet makes all the difference. It's a great cake to have when the weather gets warm.
Top Review by riffraff
Super!! I made two of these to be auctioned at a benefit. They went for much much MUCH more than I had ever dreamed. The cake rose so beautifully and came out of the cast iron skillet like a charm. Thanks for a simple to make wonderful recipe that really made me look good.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, reserve liquid
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a LARGE cast iron skillet on top of stove. Stir in brown sugar. Place pineapple slices and cherries on top of the brown sugar mixture. Do not follow the directions on the cake mix. Instead, add the reserved pineapple juice to the mix along with 2 eggs and mix thoroughly. Spread the batter over the pineapple mixture in the skillet. Bake at 350 degrees for approixmately 25 minutes.
- Use heavy hot pads to remove the skillet from the oven when done. While the cake is still hot, loosen the edge of the skillet with a knife and turn onto a serving plate. Let cool and enjoy!