Recipe by wizkid
This delicious and easy recipie was taken from Linda McCartney's 'Home Cooking'. It looks impressive and tastes delicious. I thoroughly recommend it.
- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 4 ounces brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 2 ounces broken pecan nuts
- 2 ounces glace cherries, halved
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 4 ounces self-raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F/ 180 deg Celsius Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Pour it into a heavy 9 in/23cm shallow tin (1 1/2 inch/3 cm deep).
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.
- Place one pineapple slice in the centre of the cake tin.
- Arrange the other pineapple rings around it.
- Add the glace cherries and the pecan nuts.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together to a light and creamy consistency.
- Fold the flour into this mixture.
- Beat the egg whites to the stiff peak stage.
- Fold them gently into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple base.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the cake upside-down on to a serving dish immediately it is removed from the oven, so that the caramel pineapple mixture is on top.
- Let the cake cool before serving.