Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is wonderful. It is from my Mom's recipe box.
Make and share this Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 9 pineapple rings
- 9 maraschino cherries
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt first amount of margarine in a 9x9-inch pan.
- Arrange rings over melted butter.
- Insert cherries inside centre of rings.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Set aside.
- Cream second amounts of margarine and sugar together well in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt, together in small bowl.
- Add flour mix to margarine mixture in 3 parts alternately with milk in 2 parts, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir after each addition until blended.
- Pour over the top of the pineapples.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Loosen edges with knife.
- Invert onto plate and cool.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Fabulous buttery goodness!! Delicious....10 star recipe!! Thank you for posting! I sub butter for margarine...and pineapple juice for milk.
The best recipies I have found for PUC. I did substitute pineapple juice for half of the milk then added a little more juice and also used 1/2 tsp almond extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. The cake was flavorful and moist and the topping was perfectly sweet. It got rave reviews from dinner guests and husband. This one is added to my cookbook, thanks for posting.
Very tasty cake! I made two--one dairy-free, with Fleischman's unsalted margarine, and one with butter. For both, I used pineapple juice instead of milk. Both cakes were VERY moist. The DF cake, I made in a 9x9 square pan. The butter one, I made in a 9" round, but all the batter would not fit.