Recipe by Nanita
I love bundt cakes because they are so easy to serve. I found this recipe on a camping website and adapted it for use in the home kitchen instead of on the camp fire! It comes out great and it will be the easiest pineapple upside down cake you'll ever serve!
Top Review by ocean princess
I made this cake with a can of sliced peaches and maraschino cherries.
I followed the same recipe but first line with peaches and a cherry in between.
Gave away as a present!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- maraschino cherry, halves
- 1 (18 ounce) box pineapple cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Pineapple Cake Mix) or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Pineapple Cake Mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (use part reserved pineapple juice)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in bundt pan in oven.
- Spray cooking spray on the parts of the pan that aren't covered by the melted butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter.
- Place maraschino cherries on top of sugar.
- Spread crushed pineapple over all.
- Mix cake ingredients according to the package directions regarding time and mixer speeds.
- Pour cake mix over topping ingredients in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Test for doneness, knife or toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Immediately invert onto serving platter and remove pan carefully so none of the topping stays in the pan.
- Cool completely before serving.