Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a "Paula Deen" recipe that my brother gave to me. I haven't tried it yet but DH loves pineapple so it probably won't be long before I'm whipping up a batch of these. I think this would be a great dish to make with your children.
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)
- Preheat the oven to temperature as stated on biscuits.
- Using a cupcake or muffin tin grease 10 cups.
- Drain the can of crushed pineapple, saving the juice.
- Stir together the pineapple, sugar and butter until well mixed.
- Divide the pineapple mixture amongst the muffin cups.
- Place a cherry in the center of each tin, pressing to make sure cherry touches the bottom of the cup.
- Place 1 biscuit in each cup on top of the pineapple mixture.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- Invert the pan onto a plate to relase the biscuits.
- Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar or plain.
I think I like this better that pineapple upside down cake. It is a bit less sweet. And its one of those breakfast things that just makes you feel like this could be a special day
These are just smashing. I know I'll make them again. Great when you just don't feel like making a whole cake. Even better for breakfast I think! I only used 2 tbsp butter and they were just fine. They reheat well in about 20-30 seconds in the microwave. Thanks for sharing this one!
Nice treat. Will make again. Thanks for posting.