Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From TOH, I think.
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- 2 loaves French bread, split lengthwise
- 1 lb sliced turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) packageswiss cheese slices
- Cut pineapple into 1/2 inch thick slices; cut slices in half.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add pineapple, and saute 5 minutes; sprinkle with salt and pepper Spread cream cheese evenly on each bread half.
- Layer bottom bread halves evenly with pineapple, turkey, and Swiss cheese; top with remaining bread halves.
- Wrap sandwiches in foil and place in 350 degree oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated and cheese melted.
- Cut into individual servings and serve hot.