Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
A very versatile dessert topping. It's good on pound cake, angel food cake, ice cream, or by itself. Easy to make and fancy enough for company--especially if you're in a hurry.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What a great, easy-to-make fruity syrup! And, by the way, also great with cottage cheese, or as a 'dipping' sauce for large chunks of multigrain bread! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for my 'Sauce' theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 good sized fresh pineapple (peeled, cored, and cut into cubes)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet (I use an electric one because it's easier to control the heat).
- Add brown sugar and stir till sugar and butter are combined.
- Add pineapple and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium (300°) and continue to cook till syrupy and thickened. This could take up to 30 minutes depending on ripeness of the pineapple.
- Serve warm over whatever you like.