Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Light and full-flavored main dish. All the ingredients blend together so well and create a dish that is well out of the ordinary.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (fresh is best, used canned in a pinch)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, mixed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 lemon slices (to garnish)
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shrimp and tofu; saute until shrimp just begin to turn pink, about 4 minutes.
- Push food in skillet to edge of pan and warm pineapple briefly in center.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce and parsley.
- Swirl pan to distribute juices and gently mix pineapple with shrimp.
- Transfer mixture to warmed serving platter or individual dishes and garnish with lemon slices.
Great taste and simple to make. I'll certainly make this again.
This does taste very fresh and sort of springtime-y. The pineapple and lemon juice give it sort of a sweet-and-sour taste. I would have liked a touch of spice with these ingredients, but a lot of people will probably love it as is. I followed the instructions exactly, except that I pressed the (firm) tofu before using it, and used a drop of honey instead of the sugar.