Light and full-flavored main dish. All the ingredients blend together so well and create a dish that is well out of the ordinary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (fresh is best, used canned in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, mixed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 lemon slices (to garnish)
- 1In a large, nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic, shrimp and tofu; saute until shrimp just begin to turn pink, about 4 minutes.
- 3Push food in skillet to edge of pan and warm pineapple briefly in center.
- 4Add lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce and parsley.
- 5Swirl pan to distribute juices and gently mix pineapple with shrimp.
- 6Transfer mixture to warmed serving platter or individual dishes and garnish with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Tofu Shrimp Saute
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 24.1 g