Recipe by briosgaid
A very refreshing ice cream! It really hits the spot on a hot day. If you have leftovers, bear in mind that making the ice cream without oil makes it healthier, but it will freeze harder than your regular ice cream. I usually stick the container in the microwave for about ten seconds so it is soft enough to scoop. Still delicious!
Top Review by One Happy Woman
Haven't tried this but will give it five stars just for how it looks it might be. Which looks good. About the freezing business ... to keep it from freezing too hard, providing it's to be an 'adult' dessert - you might add a little alcohol. And I wonder how this is with berries?
- 2 lbs soft tofu
- 1 1⁄3 cups soymilk
- 1 1⁄3 cups oil (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 40 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple in syrup (drain and set aside 2/3 cup for stirring in before freezing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients except 2/3 c pineapple in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- (Unless you have a humongous blender, you might have to do this a little at a time, placing blended portions in a bowl and adding to them as you go).
- Stir in 2/3 c pineapple manually.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Remember that if you make it without oil, it will still be tasty but will become harder than normal ice cream and will need some seconds in the microwave to soften enough to scoop.