Recipe by Amber Dawn
Really simple crock pot dinner! Serve with rice. 5 pts.
Top Review by Jenn2.0
I doubled the sauce ingredients, added 1/2 lb of meat added one red and one yellow pepper, two onions and portabella mushrooms and instead of using the crock-pot simmered it on the stove for an hour and a half. Came out fantastic! Boyfriend was so enthusiastic about this being his birthday dinner. He can't wait for leftovers...lol
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained (save juice)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice, reserved
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 1/8-inch slices and place in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice, gingerroot, sugar oil and garlic.
- Pour sauce mixture over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours.
- Turn control to HIGH. Stir in pineapple. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; add to cooker.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.