Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Really simple crock pot dinner! Serve with rice. 5 pts.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained (save juice)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice, reserved
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cut meat into 1/8-inch slices and place in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice, gingerroot, sugar oil and garlic.
- Pour sauce mixture over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours.
- Turn control to HIGH. Stir in pineapple. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; add to cooker.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
I doubled the sauce ingredients, added 1/2 lb of meat added one red and one yellow pepper, two onions and portabella mushrooms and instead of using the crock-pot simmered it on the stove for an hour and a half. Came out fantastic! Boyfriend was so enthusiastic about this being his birthday dinner. He can't wait for leftovers...lol
We loved this dish! I too added some veggies. I made as posted but 2 hours into cooking time I added chucks of onion, red and green peppers. I doubled the step 2 items. We like lots of sauce on our rice. I kept the cornstarch and water the same. It thickened up nicely. I served it over rice. Wonderful WW dish. DH had some for leftover's today and he came home with rave reviews for next day eating. Thanks, Amber Dawn for posting a tasty WW meal.
Easy and tasty! I doubled the recipe and used 1.5 lbs of round steak. I wanted some veggies so I added sliced carrots at the beginning of the cook time and a sliced onion a few hours later. After I stirred in the cornstarch mixture (I used a little more), I just put the lid back on for another half hour and it thickened nicely. I would probably add more garlic next time and maybe a few red bell peppers. We had this over rice for dinner and leftovers the next day with bow tie noodles.