You will need a large, sterilized, wide mouth bottle or jar for this. The tequila will need to stand 1 week before using. After you drink the tequila, you can serve the fruit with ice cream or warm with butter and cinnamon. Yum!!!
- Cut the top off the pineapple and then cut off the skin, being careful to get rid of all the scales.
- Remove the core and dicard.
- Cut fruit into chunks small enough to fit in the bottle.
- Put pineapple in the bottle.
- Combine sugar and tequila, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into bottle.
- Split vanilla bean and add it to the bottle.
- Let the tequila stand for at least 1 week, shaking gently everyday to mix ingredients.
WOW...that is some strong pineapple!! i made in a large pickle jar & let sit in the back of my closet since last saturday. i did a shot of the juice & it seemed like the pineapple soaked up all of the alcohol...one bite & POW! made for zwt4!!
10 Star Susie! A wonderful and easy way to make pineapple even more delicious than it is already!! I made mine a week ago - and I have just tasted some today! I plan to serve it tonight with creme fraiche and use my tequila for some cocktails beforehand!! Thanks, FT:-)
This has been made and is in waiting (must sit for at least one week). Will return to finalize review in a few days. Made for ZWT3...a Toast to the Captains! OK...my week is up and WOW!!! This tequila is so smooth and so delicious. The chunks of pineapple pack a punch!!