Recipe by Manami
Courtesy of Ready Steady Cook with Chef Kevin Woodford, from the BBC. The recipe calls for chunks of pineapple, (that is the way I posted) but I would rather see it with slices IMHO. UPDATED . . .06/02/07 made this again the other night(with the help of a few friends)and added Puerto Rican rum and a pinch of allspice, and nutmeg. Add these while sautéing the pineapple at the beginning of the recipe. Turned out fantastic!
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled, & cut into chunks, & 'eyes' removed
- 1 pinch soft brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces puffed pastry dough, thawed according to mfg's directions
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted & slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Gently melt the butter in a small ovenproof frying pan and sauté the pineapple with the sugar and cinnamon for 3-4 minutes.
- When the pineapple begins to color, add the honey and heat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Line the pan with rolled puff pastry, trimming the edges to fit.
- Bake in oven 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the tatin from the oven and turn onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with almonds and enjoy!