Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Courtesy of Ready Steady Cook with Chef Kevin Woodford, from the BBC. The recipe calls for chunks of pineapple, (that is the way I posted) but I would rather see it with slices IMHO. UPDATED . . .06/02/07 made this again the other night(with the help of a few friends)and added Puerto Rican rum and a pinch of allspice, and nutmeg. Add these while sautéing the pineapple at the beginning of the recipe. Turned out fantastic!
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Gently melt the butter in a small ovenproof frying pan and sauté the pineapple with the sugar and cinnamon for 3-4 minutes.
- When the pineapple begins to color, add the honey and heat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Line the pan with rolled puff pastry, trimming the edges to fit.
- Bake in oven 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the tatin from the oven and turn onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with almonds and enjoy!