Recipe by Annacia
I ran across this and couldn't resist keeping it. It's is posted for ZWT 3, Mexico and sounds like a great, different muffin. It doesn't give the yield but I *think* it will be about 24 big muffins, total guess.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Terrific flavor - significantly better than corn bread muffins! I suspect something's wrong with the proportions because these are very crumbly and fall apart. In step #3 it says to "pour" the batter but it's extremely thick play-dough consistency. I only used 1 1/2 cups sugar and it was plenty sweet. Since a 20 oz can of pineapple had exactly one cup of juice, I'll try using the same amount of juice and less masa. Since I invested in a five pound bag of masa I'll make this again and report back.
- 6 cups maseca masa corn flour, for tamales
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer, blend the corn flour, corn oil, sugar,baking powder and the pineapple juice to obtain a consistent mixture.
- Pour the mixture to half level in each 4-inch muffin mold.
- Add five pineapple tidbits into each mold and fill the rest with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.