Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the internet website sweetpotato.org.
Top Review by Barb 3663
These low fat, low sugar muffins are very good. I reduced the baking powder to 1 tsp and they still rose amazingly high. I'm looking forward to making these again, with the addition of some golden raisins or dried cranberries to boost the flavor a bit.
- 1 cup sweet potato, pureed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, orange zest, eggs & sugar, stirring until well combined, then stir in walnuts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt, then pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & fold until dry ingredients are JUST moistened.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray, then spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into each cup, & if there isn't enough batter, put a small amount of water in the empty cups.
- Bake 16-20 minutes, then cool slightly & serve.