Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe tastes remarkably like my favorite dish at the vegan chinese place in new york. I got it from a website of vegan recipes: http://www.vegan-food.net/recipe/1180/Pineapple-Sweet-and-Sour/
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 24 -36 pieces baked seitan or 24 -36 pieces fried seitan
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cole water
- Saute onion, garlic, and ginger.
- When onion begins to get translucent, add pineapple, peppers, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
- When this comes to a boil, add the seitan and the dissolved cornstarch.
- Cook over high heat until the sauce thickens and the seitan is heated through.
- Serve over brown rice.
Love it, Love it, Love it!
This was really good! It was a little more "sweet" than "sour" for my taste, but next time I will cut back on the sugar. Everyone enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!