1/1 Photo of Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce
This is an simple yet delicious sauce that will go well with many different things, you may omit the pineapple tidbits if desired, and if you are not a lover of garlic you may omit that too ----this sauce goes well with my Kittencal's Chinese Chicken Balls With Sweet and Sour Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits (drained and reserve the juice from both cans)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced, or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- black pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1Drain both cans of pineapple over a bowl.
- 2Add/whisk in cornstarch until smooth and combined (no need to measure out the juice) set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat; add in garlic and a small pinch cayenne pepper; stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add in ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; cook stirring until simmering.
- 5Add in the juice/cornstarch mixture; bring to a boil, stirring or whisking constantly until thickened.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Mix in the pineapple tidbits.
- 8Season with black pepper to taste if desired.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 567.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g