Recipe by **Jubes**
Recipe from the side of a can of 'Golden Circle" crushed pineapple. THis slice can be easily made gluten-free suitable by using gf cornflakes. Makes 20 slices
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups gluten-free crushed corn flakes
- 150 g butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese or 250 g light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 375 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 440 g crushed pineapple in juice, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the crushed cornflakes with the melted butter and mix until the cornflake crumbs are well coated and moist.
- Press 3/4 of the crumb mixture into the base of a 7inch x 11 inch slice tin and them refrigerate whilst preparing the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft,.
- Using a low speed, gradually add the condensed milk and the lemon juice. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple and then pour the topping over the chilled base.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top and refrigerate several hours until firm.
- Slice into 20 squares and serve with whipped cream or thick Greek yogurt if desired.