Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was a family recipe given to me by my mother. It was usually served at every Easter dinner. It is such a wonderful compliment to a baked Ham or some types of Pork Roast. Many guests have left my home with copies of this recipe. It is a great do ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake. Then bring to room temp before baking. This will please your family and friends. And you will always receive wonderful comments.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Slowly add bread and stir well. The mixture will look a bit soupy in consistency.
- Pour mixture into well greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with a bit of cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove and let set for 15 minutes before serving.
The stuffing was easy to make and was very tasty; however, it was mushy and would not set. I would recommend draining the pineapple and also cut the amount of butter.
I've made this dish twice already. I was quite pleased when my MIL requested I bring it to her house the second time for Easter dinner. I add a little extra cinnamon into the bread mixture so that it spreads the flavor a little farther. Thanks for this keeper.
This recipe is definately a keeper. I halved the recipe and my DH ate almost half of it. He asked me to put the leftovers in the fridge so he could have it for bfast (it has eggs in it after all). I served it with chicken but would be much better served with pork in place of apple sauce. Very simple to make.