Recipe by Expat in Holland
This recipe was a family recipe given to me by my mother. It was usually served at every Easter dinner. It is such a wonderful compliment to a baked Ham or some types of Pork Roast. Many guests have left my home with copies of this recipe. It is a great do ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake. Then bring to room temp before baking. This will please your family and friends. And you will always receive wonderful comments.
- 1 cup butter, melt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 10 -12 slices bread, crust removed and torn
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Slowly add bread and stir well. The mixture will look a bit soupy in consistency.
- Pour mixture into well greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with a bit of cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove and let set for 15 minutes before serving.