Recipe by Geema
A delicious variation for winter squash of any kind. This recipe has been in my notebook a long, long time and I have no idea where it came from. Try it, you'll like it.
- 2 large acorn squash, halved,seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, in its own juice,drained
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the squash cut side up in a baking dish with ½ inch of water in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon, pineapple, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger.
- When squash has been cooked, remove from oven.
- Let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Carefully scoop out the pulp from the halves and combine with the pineapple and cinnamon mixture.
- Replace the squash into the shells and return to the oven and bake for 7 minutes more until pineapple is hot and bubbly.