Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a need for a fruity side-dish for our curry night tonight and to use a pineapple half in the fridge. I couldn't find anything I quite liked to go with curry, so this is what I made up. I think it tastes good, and would be nice with grilled chicken or pork too.
- 1⁄2 medium pineapple
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 small hot red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel, core and chop the pineapple into small pieces.
- Mix with the remaining ingredients and chill in a non-reactive bowl for a few hours before serving.