Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on a diabetic website. I am mostly putting it here so that I won't lose the recipe! I do plan on trying to too.
- 3⁄4 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 Inch square pan with PAM spray for baking (oil and flour kind).
- Measure 1/4 Cup of Pineapple chunks. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl. Add the egg, pineapple juice, orange extract, and oil. Blend well with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the flour and the baking soda and baking powder and beat well with the mixer. Add the rest of the pineapple chunks and hand stir with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth out the top evenly, Bake for about 25 minutes or when a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool competely and cut into sqaures.
This was like bread with pineapple in it. It needs splenda or sugar. Had to dump the whole thing. Sorry, didnt like it at all. Might play with it and add some splenda.
Enjoyed making these but think they needed something more, but not sure what! Perhaps a bit of coconut &/or some toasted pecans ~ Will have to try them that way another time! Believe me, these didn't go to waste, not around here, nor did they get stale ~ No time for that! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Diabetes Awareness Tag Game]