Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very light and fluffy filling, almost like a cheesecake :) note: the longer this is refridgerated, the better it tastes!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (graham crumbs are fine too)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup cream (I use whipping cream)
- Crust: Mix wafer crumbs with melted butter.
- Take out 1/4 cup crumbs for top.
- Press down in well greased pan.
- Bake in oven (325) for 15 minutes.
- Cool in freezer.
- Filling: Cream butter.
- Blend in icing sugar.
- Add unbeaten eggs and beat with egg beater until smooth.
- Spread over crust.
- Drain pineapple.
- Whip cream.
- Add pineapple and mix.
- Spread on top of first layer.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Chill for several hours.
I make this square, with one slight difference. I just put a single layer of plain graham wafers (9) in the bottom of the pan and drizzle some of the pineapple juice that I drained of the crushed pineapple over them. Don't bother turning on your oven for this method as it doesn't require baking. Then add the layers over top of that. I crush 6 additional graham wafers for the topping. It makes me think of my mom.