Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An unusual and tasty twist on cornbread!
Make and share this Pineapple Spoon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (7 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Put batter in a greased 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes (should be fairly moist).
We didn't know what to expect from spoon bread...never had it before. It was very flavorful and moist. Perfect side dish to the herbed oven fried chicken we had. I did add a little bit of sugar to it just because that's the way I always make cornbread. It was delicious.
This was my second time making spoon bread, and I really likes this recipe! The pineapple flavor was subtle, and I liked the creamy consistency. Very tasty! Made for ZWT9.
Every once in a while I come across a recipe that is so-easy-to-make-a-caveman-could-do-it, & this is one of those ~ Just mix all the ingredients together & pop it in the oven! Great tasting cornbread, too, & I'll be making this one again & again, I just know I will! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]