Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From a request. I've never made this, but I found it on-line. I'll probably try it, because I love all things pineapple!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup lightly-salted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl, beat egg into sour cream, then stir in melted butter.
- Add corn bread mix and pineapple; Stir in lightly until just blended.
- Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Put casserole in a pre-heated 400°F oven, and immediately reduce heat to 350°.
- Bake 65-70 minutes, until golden-brown and puffed.
- Serve hot.
This was simple and tastey. Kind of an interesting dish because it is not really sweet enough for dessert but not savory either. I served this with honey butter at dinner with a citrus grilled chicken salad.