Recipe by Chef Kayce
Even though this is listed under "Desserts" it is more of a "snack" or "tea" time cake. Goes best with a hot cup of tea or coffee ... a nice cold glass of milk also works well! It is a spice cake meant to be reminiscent of a cup of spiced tea. March 6, 2008 - NOTE: Recipe edited to correct omission of baking temperature (350) and Bundt pan size which should be a Standard 12-cup Bundt pan. Almost every "decorative" Bundt pan (rose, flowers, Fleur de Lis, castle, star, etc.), has a 10-cup (or less!) capacity. If you use a decorative pan, expect excess batter. If you are unsure about your pan size, fill it with water - one cup at a time. Thanks and happy baking!!
Top Review by Susie D
I halved the recipe and baked in my largest loaf pan. The cake did have a spiced tea flavor. The pineapple preserves were a bit lost in the mix so I melted more and brushed on the loaf to glaze it. The cake did hold well over several days. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring '08 Pick A Chef.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Stir the Key Lime juice and the baking soda into the milk.
- Sift flour and spices together in a separate bowl.
- Mix the chopped nuts together to ensure an even distribution.
- In the mixer, cream the sugar and butter together.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add the preserves and vanilla.
- Add the flour-spice mixture and the milk – alternating until all incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan and bake in the middle of the 350 oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.