Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
yummy sweet potatoes with a little spice
- 6 small sweet potatoes (about 2lbs)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- freshly grated orange rind (optional)
- Scrub, grease and bake sweet potatoes until soft (with microwave or in a 375 degree oven). Cool and scoop out pulp into a mixing bowl.
- Drain pineapple juice into bowl with butter, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and orange peel. Beat at medium speed of electic mixer until light and fluffy. stir in pineapple.
- Place in a 1 1/2 quart caqsserole and bake at 375 degrees until hot.about 15 minute.