1/3 Photos of Pineapple Spice Drink
12 hrs 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
From "South of the Sahara: Traditional Cooking from the Lands of West Africa" by Elizabeth A. Jackson. This spicy, fruity drink needs to sit in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours and as much as a day. It can also be the basis for a wonderful cocktail made with rum or vodka.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice pineapple, the peel, the core and all, into thin slices.
- 2Combine the sliced pineapple with the cloves, sugar and ginger in a bowl large enough to hold the water.
- 3Pour the boiling water over the mixture and stir.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to a day.
- 5When ready to serve, strain into a pitcher, discarding the pineapple solids and spices.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Spice Drink
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: