Recipe by Kim1
Got to say these are really good and the pineapple does give them a different taste. Please let me know what you think.
Top Review by zoyie
this was sooooo good! a keeper. had a couple pieces leftover and was planning them on my lunch, but dh, who is not a sparerib lover had them as his midnight snack, and told me in the morning how much he enjoyed. Thank you for posting!!!! When I am looking for something I go to the great cooks on recipezaar.
- 3 -4 lbs lean spareribs
- 1 cup smucker pineapple preserves
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.
- Arrange half the pieces in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- In a saucepan, combine preserves, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Pour half the pineapple mixture over the layer of ribs.
- Top with remaining ribs and remaining pineapple mixture.
- Cover pan and bake in a 350° F oven 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and continue baking 20 to 30 minutes, basting with the pineapple mixture occasionally, until ribs are brown and tender.