Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an old recipe from The Pudding Sampler.
Make and share this Pineapple-Sour Cream Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (7 ounce) package Jell-O instant pistachio pudding mix or 1 (7 ounce) package instant pineapple pudding or 1 (7 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- In a small bowl,combine pineapple with the juice and the baking soda; mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in pineapple.
- Blend, then beat at medium speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan about 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Extremely moist and tasty! The pineapple flavor really comes out. I used a well greased and floured 9 inch tube cake pan and it came out beautiful. I did add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. I had some requests for the recipe. Thanks Star for sharing this recipe!
Talk about moist, this is out of this world good! I topped it with whipped cream and topped with strawberry slices. It was eaten up and every bite was savored!
This was a flavorful and moist cake with a nice texture. I didn't think it would appeal to the younger grandchildren - wrong! My 6 and 12 year old grandchildren just scarfed it down. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.