Recipe by Recipe Junkie
A really simple and delicious cake
Top Review by SweetSueAl
I made this cake because it looked easy to make (it was) and my hubby loves pineapple (I don't). He liked the cake, but the pineapple flavor wasn't as strong as he would have liked. I am giving it a 4 rating because the cake part was great. I could easily see subsituting chopped apple filling for the pineapple. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup nuts
For middle layer
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake ingredients above and pour HALF of mixture in 9x13 pan.
- Mix middle layer ingredients together and spread over first batter layer.
- Spread remaining batter over pineapple layer.
- Sprinkle 1 T sugar and 1 T cinnamon over very top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.