Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool down on a hot summer night with this deliciously smooth and creamy pineapple sorbet - you'll never believe how easy it is to make!
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- mint sprig (optional)
- Cut pineapple into 2-inch pieces. Place pineapple and lemon juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Add sugar; process 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
- f you don't have an ice-cream freezer, use a covered metal bowl. Freeze mixture 3 hours or until it is hard on the outside but slushy in the middle. Remove it from the freezer, beat it with a whisk until smooth, and return to the freezer, covered, for 4 hours until firm.