Recipe by myangelhayden
I got this recipe from the book "Cake Mix Cookies" and plan to make it soon. The recipe sounds very easy and delicious!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl place half of the cake mix along with the pineapple, 2 tablespoons of reserved juice, oil and egg.
- Blend with an electric mixer on med high for 2 minutes or until blended and no lumps from cake mix remain.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle cookie tops with coconut and press gently into dough (optional).
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets.
- Transfer to wire racks with metal spatula to cool.