Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very light desert that everyone enjoys. This is my kids favourite and they are making it now that they are married.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 6 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (385 ml) canchilled Carnation instant milk
- 1 (85 g) box Jello gelatin (you can use lime, lemon or your favourite)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- Mix above three ingredients and put in a 13 x 9 pan (save some to sprinkle on top).
- Drain pineapple well.
- Heat juice and add enough hot water to make 1 cup liquid.
- Pour over jello and dissolve well.
- Add sugar.
- Stir well and let cool.
- Whip chilled milk until thick.
- Add jello mixture and whip again.
- Add crushed pineapple.
- Pour over graham wafer base and cover with remaining crumbs.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
I tried this recipe and found it to be quite light and tasty. Thank you for submitting. Margie