Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
No frosting, no fuss. You can have a really delicious dessert in about 45 minutes. This is a tried and true Southern Living recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; make a well in the center.
- Combine the reserved juice, milk and next 3 ingredients.
- Add wet to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into a greased 9' square pan.
- Top with pineapple and then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Great recipe, Geema! Since my can of pineapple was 16 ounces, I decided to double this. I baked it in a 9" x 13" pan for about 40 minutes! The end result was a delicious cake which wasn't overly sweet.. just the way we like it! The pineapple and brown sugar topping is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this!
This is a very simple recipe and delicious tasting cake! I did add some of the leftover pineapple juice over the cake (after baking time) for more moisture. It did the job! Very tasty! Try it.
Very good. Not too sweet which I like. I think I would like it more with a little extra pineapple. The brown sugar on top is yummy.