1/1 Photo of Pineapple Skillet Chicken
A delicious one-dish meal. I love it and I don't even like pineapple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 1Spray a large saucepan or skillet with nonstick spray.
- 2Add chicken cubes.
- 3Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 4Add remaining ingredients (except green onions, if using).
- 5Stir well.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 8Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 9During last five minutes of cooking time, stir in green onions (if using).
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Skillet Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 824.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth