Recipe by Julieannie
From The Pioneer Woman's cooking blog, a nice grilled shrimp and pineapple combination. You'll need skewers, a marinade pan and a waiting grill.
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (or more depending on people being served)
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour teriyaki sauce into marinading pan.
- Add in the green onions, the sugar and the garlic.
- Now add in the liquid from your pineapple can.
- Toss in your ginger and lime zest and distribute the ingredients evenly, making sure the sugar is well mixed. Feel free to add in other fun spices too.
- Add in the shrimp to the marinade. Rotate to coat.
- Cover and marinate 2-3 hours. Set aside pineapple chunks.
- In the mean time, let your wooden skewers soak in water.
- After marinating, remove shrimp one by one from the pan. Hold the shrimp so it looks like a U and put a pineapple chunk into the little divet. Use your skewer to pierce the shrimp from the left, then pierce the pineapple and then the rest of the shrimp on the other side.
- Fill each skewer with four pineapple and shrimp combinations.
- Coat your grill with a touch of oil or Pam and put the skewers on to cook. After a minute or two, flip the skewers over.
- Rotate once again after two more minutes. Let sit one more minute and remove and serve.