This is my husband's favorite meal I prepare. He does not like carrots, or raisins, or shrimp... but for some reason he LOVES this dish! This dish is both sweet and spicy! It can be made to look like dinning a 5 star restaurant, or used for an everyday meal (used can pineapple instead). GREAT for entertaining, or for trying something new. Don't underestimate the rasins... both my husband and I hate rasins... but we LOVE this dish. I made it up on my own... sort of a copy cat from our favorite Thai restaurant. It is VERY colorful and VERY yummy!
My Private Note
full di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice (chilled)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 fresh pineapple
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- soy sauce
- teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Wash and Cut pineapples in half length wise to make a boat. Include stem/stalk in cut.
- 2Bowl out pineapple and cube. Set aside.
- 3Boats will be used to serve dish.
- 4Beat 2 eggs in small bowl.
- 5Preheat wok or electric skillet to Medium High with 1 tbs vegetable oil.
- 6Pour egg and cook until scrabbled, chopping continuously.
- 7Dice Onion and Bell Pepper and add to skillet to sauté.
- 8Add Peas and Carrots, and golden raisins with additional tbs oil.
- 9Cook Until Raisins swell.
- 10Add Shrimp and pineapple chunks. Cook until shrimp start to turn pink.
- 11Add Chilled Jasmine rice (cook rice one day in advance. Warm rice will turn mushy and absorb the oil) and remainder oil. Fry until rice just begins to brown a little.
- 12You may need to add more oil as cooking if you notice rice to stick. Just pour a tiny amount over top of rice and continue frying.
- 13Add soy and Teriyaki sauce until rice achieves a "fried rice" caramel color. Taste as you go, better less than too much. Each person can add more at meal time. I use low sodium soy so it does not taste too salty.
- 14Liberally add ginger and cinnamon to rice. This starts to smell amazing! Add more or less according to taste. The Cinnamon will really stand out in the aroma. You want just a hint of the ginger under the cinnamon flavor.
- 15Once rice is fried to your liking, fill each pineapple boat with the fried rice.
- 16Decorate the edge of the pineapple as well as the plate with the chili sauce. CAUTION: This sauce is VERY spicy. By decorating the plates, you can allow each person to add his or her own heat to the dish. Carefully mix into rice according to taste. My husband adds a lot and I will only use about 3 drops to the whole entree. We buy Sriracha hot chili sauce. Bottle is very easy to decorate with, and adds a lot of heat. Can be found in most regular groceries.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 332.1 mg
- Sodium 1234.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 68.7 g
- Protein 38.3 g