Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick yummy, HEALTHY fried rice. Shrimp and pineapple go great together.I love this recipe because I always have leftovers for lunch the next day. It really helps when you live on a budget ( I eye measurements A LOT, it's a big pain in the rear to measure everything. It makes cooking more fun to me, so TRY EVERYTHING, you never know what you could create!).
- 3 1⁄2 cups brown rice (cold)
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 ounces baby carrots, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, crushed
- 6 ounces frozen shrimp, thawed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Heat olive oil in large pan or wok (medium heat).
- Add carrots first, stirring around for about 1 minute, then add scallions and ginger. Stir around for about 2-3 minutes, everything should be fragrant, and not too soft.
- Add rice, and shrimp continue stirring around for another couple of minutes.
- Now, make a well in the center of the rice (make sure pan is exposed) pour the egg into the center. Allow the egg to set for a minute or so before mixing into the rice mixture. Toss everything around until you are sure egg is thoroughly cooked.
- Add pineapple and soy sauce, give another stir. Viola! fried rice is served.